Disabled Persons Railcard
The Disabled Person's Railcard allows you to buy rail tickets at a discount of up to a third for a 12 month period. If another adult is travelling with you, they can also travel at the same discounted fare.
Do you qualify?
To qualify, you must meet at least one of the criteria listed below. The application form lists the proof you will need to confirm that you're eligible for a Railcard.
You qualify if you:
- are registered as visually impaired or deaf
- have Epilepsy, and are disabled by repeated attacks even though you receive drug treatment
- receive Attendance Allowance
- receive Severe Disablement Allowance
- receive Disability Living Allowance (in the higher rate for help with getting around, or in the higher or middle rate for help with personal care)
- receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement or War or Service Disablement Pension a disability of 80 per cent or more
- are the driver of a vehicle provided under the Invalid Vehicle Scheme (before 1976)
- are buying or leasing a vehicle through the Motability Scheme